Vacancy - Barista / Café Manager- Mid-Senior Level - Durban Central
VACANT POSITION : BARISTA / CAFÉ MANAGER
Zalemart is an innovative general retail and wholesale trading company based in Durban and operating across South Africa, online and offline.
Read more about this position and apply below.
Employment Type : 3 month trial progressing to fixed-term contract
Location : Zalemart, Durban Central
Seniority Level : Mid-Senior Level
Required Experience, Skills, Values & Qualifications :
- Successfully completed NQF Level 4/Matric/Grade 12 or Equivalent. Degree preferable.
- Fluent in speaking and understanding English and isiZulu
- Minimum 2 years experience in the fast food industry
- Good people management skills
- Good communication skills
- General retail skills
- General computer skills
- General knowledge of, and experience with, various POS and stock management systems
- General knowledge of e-commerce
- General knowledge of spreadsheets
- Flexibility to work rotational shifts
- Driver's license and reliable transport to and from work
- Ability to work from home if necessary : Home WiFi, computer and smartphone.
- Dynamic, smart, creative and hard-working individual with integrity
- Sober habits
- Non - Smoker
Roles (Including but not limited to) :
- Customer Service
- Online fulfillment of pickup orders
- Cash and card sales processing using Shopify POS
- Preparing, selling, packing and serving coffee, pies, muffins, juices & cool drinks, ice cream, popcorn and other food and beverages.
- Cleaning the café
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and hygiene regulations
- Dealing with and resolving customer complaints and returns of the Zalemart e-commerce business
- Training, motivating and mentoring junior staff
- Managing and recruiting staff, merchandising, stock management, display management, event coordination.
- Oversee all store related processes and continually look at ways to improve them.
Working Hours (Subject to change) :
- Monday - Friday : 8:00 - 12:00; 13:00 - 17:00
- Saturdays : 9:00 - 12:00
- Sundays : N/A
Pay and Benefits :
- Competitive, market-related basic salary based on skills and experience
- Paid annual leave