Vacancy - Retail Store Manager - Mid-Senior Level - Durban Central
VACANT POSITION : RETAIL STORE MANAGER
Zalemart is an innovative general retail and wholesale trading company based in Durban and operating across South Africa, online and offline.
Read more about this position and apply below.
Employment Type : 3 month trial progressing to fixed-term contract
Location : Zalemart, Durban Central
Seniority Level : Mid-Senior Level
Required Experience, Skills, Values & Qualifications :
- Successfully completed NQF Level 4/Matric/Grade 12 or Equivalent. Degree preferable.
- Fluent in speaking and understanding English and isiZulu
- Minimum 5 years experience with at least 2 years in a store management role at a premium retail store.
- People management skills
- General retail skills and product knowledge
- General knowledge of, and experience with, various POS and stock management systems
- General knowledge of spreadsheets
- General knowledge of e-commerce (including Shopify)
- Flexibility to work rotational shifts
- Own car and driver's license
- Ability to work from home if necessary : Home WiFi, computer and smartphone.
- Dynamic, smart, creative and hard-working individual with integrity
- Sober habits
- Non - Smoker
Roles (Including but not limited to) :
- Customer Service
- Online fulfillment of pickup orders on the Shopify backend
- Cash and card sales processing using Shopify POS
- Dealing with and resolving customer complaints and returns
- Training, motivating and mentoring junior salespeople
- Managing and recruiting staff, merchandising, stock management, display management, event coordination.
- Oversee all store related processes and continually look at ways to improve them.
Working Hours (Subject to change) :
- Monday - Friday : 8:00 - 12:00; 13:00 - 17:00
- Saturdays : 9:00 - 12:00
- Sundays : N/A
Pay and Benefits :
- Competitive, market-related basic salary based on skills and experience
- Salary + sales commission after 3 month trial
- Paid annual leave
(the form may take a few seconds to load)